Thursday, February 23, 2012

all I want for the elections is peace

First I would like to state that I am fine. I know that things have appeared in the news paper but all the riots are in Dakar and nobody cares in the village. The only thing we have is occasionally giant buses will come through my village blaring music and campaign advertisements, which is annoying if I am trying to get to sleep. Other than that work is going slowly as normal. I have started working with the women's garden trying to teach them new gardening techniques that they find hard so they don't want to do it. Instead they went to my road town found someone who will tell them what they want to hear and then do that. Although on the plus side they did give me my own space in the garden, ironically or my counter part is way more sly than I thought she was, because when all the women make their area's the easy way I made mine with the techniques I know. They did not want to go to the demonstrations on gardening I am bring it to them. this way I will have a good garden bed and better vegetables. Other than that I have been sitting around talking with people and reading the more finer points of the toughest job I ever loved.

1 comment:

  1. Stay safe Jim. We are praying things go smoothly over your way. Lots of people are asking about you. We will skype you soon.

    Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete